Politique de confidentialité Web et mobile (US)
Last updated on February 17, 2021
California residents should read the information available in Section 12 below about the categories of personal information to be collected from them and the purposes for which the personal information will be used.
Table of Contents
- Types of Personal Information We Collect
- How We Collect Personal Information
- How We Use Your Personal Information
- How We Share Your Personal Information
- Social Features
- Third Party Websites and Links
- Cookies and Information Used for Advertising
- Children's Privacy
- Security of Personal Information
- Retention of Personal Information
- International Users
- Notice to California Residents
- How to Contact Us
1. TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal Information that we collect through your use of the Sites may include IP Address, Device ID, and online identifier. business contact information (if you provide us with such information). We may use that Personal Information and link it to Internet or other electronic network activity information, and we may draw inferences about you from the information we collect. We may also collect your name, title, business contact information, phone number, date of birth, state, country, zip code, your health plan, email address or login identification information only if you provide us with such information directly to us when you begin registration to use a Secure Platform or complete a web form seeking more information.
2. HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect Personal Information using the following methods:
Directly from you when you provide it to us (such as information you enter into web forms, inquiries, responses, activity on the Sites, and during registration to use a Security Platform).
From third parties, such as analytics and email marketing service providers.
Automatically through tracking technologies (cookies, web beacons, log files), including over time and across third-party websites or other online services.
For more information about how we use Personal Information collected through tracking technologies and the ways you may be able to manage it, see below.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
Operate, maintain, supervise, administer, and enhance the Sites, including monitoring and analyzing the effectiveness of content on the Sites, aggregate site usage data, and other usage of the Sites such as checking your eligibility and assisting you in completing the registration process.
Provide you with a tailored and user-friendly experience as you navigate our Sites.
Promote and market our Sites to you.
To complete the activity you specifically asked for, e.g., register on a Secure Platform, obtain more information, request a demo, or request an RFP.
Conduct research on users' demographics, interests, and behavior based upon information provided during use of our Sites.
Anonymize and aggregate information for analytics and reporting.
Respond to law enforcement requests and court orders and legal process and carry out our legal and contractual obligations and enforce our rights.
Authenticate use, detect potential fraudulent use, and otherwise maintain the security of the Sites and safety of users.
Develop, test, improve, and demonstrate the Sites.
Any other purpose with your consent.
4. HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share Personal Information with third parties in certain circumstances or for certain purposes, including:
For business purposes. We may share your Personal Information with vendors and service providers, including our data hosting and data storage partners, analytics and advertising providers, technology services and support, and data security. We also may share Personal Information with professional advisors, such as auditors, law firms, and accounting firms. We may disclose your name, email address, date of birth, phone number, and address if you provided it to us via a form on the website or during an incomplete or failed registration to Service Providers.
With your direction or consent. We may share your Personal Information with third parties if you request or direct us to do so. This includes your use of social media widgets on our Sites.
With affiliates within our corporate group. We may share your Personal Information with any subsidiaries within our corporate group.
Compliance with law. We may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable law or any obligations thereunder, including cooperation with law enforcement, judicial orders, and regulatory inquiries.
In the context of a transaction. We may share your Personal Information connection with an asset sale, merger, bankruptcy, or other business transaction.
We also may disclose deidentified information. Note that if you make any Personal Information publicly available on the Sites, anyone may see and use such information.
5. SOCIAL FEATURES
Certain features of the Sites permit you to initiate interactions between the Sites and third-party services or platforms, such as social networks ("Social Features"). Social Features include features that allow you to click and access Teladoc's pages on certain third-party platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn as applicable, and from there to "like" or "share" our content on those platforms. Use of Social Features may entail a third party's collection and/or use of your data. If you use Social Features or similar third-party services, information you post or otherwise make accessible may be publicly displayed by the third-party service you are using. Both Teladoc and the third party may have access to information about you and your use of both the Sites and the third-party service.
6. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND LINKS
7. COOKIES AND INFORMATION USED FOR ADVERTISING
Each type of web browser offers ways to restrict and delete cookies. For more information on how to manage cookies visit the appropriate link below.
You may disable or delete browser cookies through your browser settings. Cookies generally are easy to disable or delete, but the method varies between browsers. If you disable or delete cookies, or if you are running third-party software that intercepts or deletes cookies, please note that some parts of our Sites may not work properly.
You can opt out of third parties collecting your Personal Information for targeted advertising purposes in the United States by visiting the National Advertising Initiative's (NAI) opt-out page and the Digital Advertising Alliance's (DAA) opt-out page.
Your browser settings also may allow you to transmit a "Do Not Track" signal when you visit various websites. Some of the Sites may not be configured to respond to "Do Not Track" signals received from browsers. To learn more about "Do Not Track" signals, you can visit here.
If you have further questions regarding the specific information about you that we process or retain, as well as your choices regarding our collection and use practices, please contact us using the information listed below.
8. CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
Our Sites are not intended for children under 16 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect or sell Personal Information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on these Sites or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete it. If you are the parent or guardian of a child under 16 years of age whom you believe might have provided us with their Personal Information, you may contact us using the below information to request that it be deleted.
9. SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take steps to secure Personal Information through administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect against the risk of accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted through the Internet, and where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
10. RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We generally retain records only as long as necessary and as required for our business operations, for archival purposes, and/or to satisfy legal requirements. When determining the appropriate retention period for Personal Information, we take into account various criteria, such as the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Information; potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure; purposes for which we process your Personal Information; whether we can achieve those purposes through other means; and business operations and legal requirements. Because we maintain our Sites to protect from accidental or malicious loss and destruction, residual copies of your Personal Information may be retained in our backup and archival systems for a limited period of time, after which the information will be automatically deleted or put beyond use where deletion is not possible
11. INTERNATIONAL USERS
12. NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
If you are a California resident, certain Personal Information that we collect about you is subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
Please note that the CCPA does not apply to, among other things,
- Information that is lawfully made available from federal, state, or local government records;
- Consumer information that is deidentified or aggregated;
- Medical information governed by the Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (Part 2.6 (commencing with Section 46) of Division 1) (CMIA) or protected health information that is collected by a covered entity or business associate governed by the privacy, security, and breach notification rules issued by the United States Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Parts 160 and 164 of Title 45 of the Code of Federal Regulations, established pursuant to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (Public Law 104-191) (HIPAA) and the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act (Public Law 111-5); or
- A provider of health care governed by the CMIA or a covered entity governed by the privacy, security, and breach notification rules issued by HHS, established pursuant to HIPAA, to the extent the provider or covered entity maintains patient information in the same manner as medical information or protected health information under CMIA/HIPAA/HITECH Act.
Collection of Personal Information – Currently and in the Preceding 12 Months
We collect Personal Information as defined by the CCPA, which is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. Personal Information does not include de-identified or aggregate information; publicly-available information that is lawfully made available from federal, state, or local government records; and information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws.
- Identifiers, Internet Protocol (IP) address, online identifier, device identifier.
We may collect yourname, email address, date of birth, phone number, and address only if you provided it to us via form on the website or during an incomplete or failed registration.
- Commercial information, business contact information if you have provided it to us via a form (such to register for services, obtain more information, request a demo, request an RFP) on the website, including name, company name, physical address, email address, telephone, and fax number; information on actions taken on our Sites, which may include information about Sites considered and information about preferences and behavior that we collect on our Sites or purchase from third parties in order to target consumers for digital advertisements or to personalize content we deliver on our Sites.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer's interaction with the Sites, applications, or advertisements.
Teladoc collects Personal Information from the following categories of sources:
- Directly and indirectly from you, including through your interaction with the Sites
- Social media platforms
- Third party partners such as analytics or marketing providers
- Automatically through tracking technologies.
See Section 2 for additional detail.
We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Operate, maintain, supervise, administer, and enhance the Sites, including monitoring and analyzing the effectiveness of content on the Sites, aggregate site usage data, and other usage of the Sites such as checking your eligibility and assisting you in completing the registration process.
- Provide you with a tailored and user-friendly experience as you navigate our Sites.
- Promote and market our Sites to you.
- To complete the activity you specifically asked for, e.g., register on a Secure Platform, obtain more information, request a demo, or request an RFP.
- Conduct research on users’ demographics, interests, and behavior based upon information provided during use of our Sites.
- Anonymize and aggregate information for analytics and reporting.
- Respond to law enforcement requests and court orders and legal process and carry out our legal and contractual obligations and enforce our rights.
- Authenticate use, detect potential fraudulent use, and otherwise maintain the security of the Sites and safety of users.
- Develop, test, improve, and demonstrate the Sites.
- Any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Personal Information in the Preceding 12 Months
|Personal Information||Third Parties|
|Identifiers||We may disclose IP address, device ID, or online identifier to service providers, advertising networks, internet service providers, and/or data analytics providers. We may disclose name, email address, date of birth, phone number, and address if you provided it to us via form on the website or during an incomplete or failed registration to Service providers.|
|Commercial information||Service providers|
|Internet or other electronic network activity information||Service providers, advertising networks, internet service providers, and/or data analytics providers|
See Section 4 for additional detail.
If you are a California resident, and in accordance with the CCPA, you have the right to:
- Request to know and access the Personal Information we collect, use, and disclose;
- Request deletion of Personal Information;
- Opt-out of the sale of Personal Information; and
- Not receive discriminatory treatment by Teladoc for exercising these rights.
Requests to Know and Access
You have the right to request that we disclose to you the following information:
- Categories of Personal Information that Teladoc has collected about you, disclosed about you for a business purpose, or sold;
- Categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected;
- Categories of third parties with whom Teladoc shares or to whom Teladoc sells Personal Information;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting and selling Personal Information; and
- Specific pieces of Personal Information that Teladoc has collected about you.
Instructions for submitting a verifiable request are provided below.
You may only make a request for access twice within a 12-month period.
Requests to Delete
You have the right to request that we delete Personal Information about you that we have collected, subject to certain exceptions.
Instructions for submitting a verifiable request are provided below.
Requests to not sell your Personal Information
Teladoc does not sell your Personal Information.
During the past 12 months, we may have engaged in delivering online advertising that was tailored to your interests through the use of analytics and/or targeting cookies. We did not disclose data that would identify you by name, address, or phone number. Going forward, and before using analytics and/or targeting cookies, the Sites will deploy a banner seeking your consent, or opt-in, to the use of such cookies.
How to Exercise Your Rights
To make Requests to Know or Access and Requests to Delete, please download the Form here and submit in the following ways:
By submitting a written request to:
2 Heritage Drive, 5th Floor, Suite 5A
North Quincy, MA 02171
By sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
By calling our toll-free number: (855) 213-6709
As required under applicable law, we must take steps to verify your request before we can provide Personal Information to you, delete Personal Information, or otherwise process your request. To verify your request, we may require you to provide your name, physical address, email address, contact information, and information about your account or previous transactions with us. If you have only visited our public Sites and did not provide any Personal Information to us via a web form or through the registration process, we will need you to provide us with your IP address or device ID in order for us to determine if we have that information. We will not be able to determine if we have your IP address or device ID from your name, physical address, email address, contact information, or account information.
We will further verify and respond to your request consistent with applicable law, taking into account the type and sensitivity of the Personal Information subject to the request. We may need to request additional Personal Information from you, such as your date of birth or government identifier, in order to protect against fraudulent requests.
We will deliver Personal Information that we are required by law to disclose to you in the manner required by law within 45 days after receipt of a verifiable request, unless we notify you that we require additional time to respond, in which case we will respond within such additional period of time required by law. We may deliver the Personal Information to you electronically or by mail at your option. If electronically, then we will deliver the information in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, in a readily useable format that allows you to transmit the information from one entity to another without hindrance.
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. You may designate an authorized agent to request any of the above rights on your behalf. You may make such a designation by providing the agent with written permission, signed by you, to act on your behalf. Your agent may contact us by the information provided in the "How to Contact Us" section below to make a request on your behalf. Even if you choose to use an agent, we may, as permitted by law, require verification of the agent's authorization to act on your behalf, require you to confirm you have authorized the agent to act on your behalf, or require you to verify your own identity.
Right to Nondiscrimination
You have the right to be free from discriminatory treatment for exercising the privacy rights conferred by the CCPA, including not being: denied goods or services; charged different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties; provided a different level or quality of goods or services; or suggested that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
14. HOW TO CONTACT US
2 Heritage Drive, 5th Floor, Suite 5A
North Quincy, MA 02171
(855) 213-6709 (toll free)